• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seiko ColorPainter 64S error 1700

clock-work

Hi there, I have had my seiko 64s for a while and it's been wonderful with support from this forum. Lately during print it suddenly came up with error 1700 and the carriage stopped moving on power on. I have changed the sarvo motor x and y, I have changed the carriage board and the training cables. I have changed the Encoder strip and sensor but this error message has persisted. Kindly guide me on what next to bring my machine back to printing. My mail address is clockworkng@yahoo.com. My Regards. Raymond

J Hill Designs

first clean both the linear encoder strip and sensor (it sits above the head carriage - a thin clear* plastic strip) clean it with iso alcohol

the error gets sent when the machine is told to move in either the X or Y direction, but no change is detected from the encoder sensor(s)

Dtay

is it a ColorPainter M 64s?

We kept getting a error 2611 during a long run project to find out that there was a flaw in the capping station. Seiko sent a new part and the tech came in and made the swap. He did mention that this issue was causing many printers to send random error codes.

clock-work

Seiko 64s error 1700

first clean both the linear encoder strip and sensor (it sits above the head carriage - a thin clear* plastic strip) clean it with iso alcohol

the error gets sent when the machine is told to move in either the X or Y direction, but no change is detected from the encoder sensor(s)

Thanks Prof. But I have changed the linear encoder to a new one and changed the encoder sensor to a new one too but the error has refused to go.

An earlier post on sign 101 on the same error 1700 wrote that he discovered a switch on the interlock switches had gone South and he only did a bit of soldering to get his machine back to life.

I had sent him a message but no response from him, it's seems he has left the forum.

Do you know where the interlock switches are located on the machine? My humble regards. Raymond

J Hill Designs

here is what the service manual says about error 1700

5.5.2.21 Engine error 1700x: Servo error
<Description>
An error occurs in the servo task. The X motor or Y motor move the carriage, but the input
from the linear encorder does not change.
Or no interrupt occurs from the PWM gate array.
This error is checked at operation of the X motor or Y motor.
<Defective modules>
(1) X motor
(2) Y motor
(3) DC motor cable ASSY
(4) Motor encorder cable ASSY
(5) IPB1 board
(6) Grid roller gears
(7) Carriage gears
(8) Linear scale (T-fence)
(9) Linear encorder
(10) ICB1 board
(11) CARRIAGE CABLE (CN10)
<Measure to be taken>
(1) Check whether there is no jam.
(2) Check whether CN14 and CN17 on the IPB1 board are connected correctly.
(3) Check whether the carriage cable (FFC to be connected to CN10) is connected to the
IPB1 and the ICB1 boards correctly.
(4) Check whether the linear encorder on the ICB1 board is attached correctly.
(5) Check whether there is no scratch or no stain on the linear scale.
(6) Check whether the grid roller gears work correctly.
(7) Check whether the carriage gears work correctly.
(8) Replace the IPB1 board.
(9) Replace the X motor or Y motor.

clock-work

Seiko ColorPainter Error 1700

Thanks J Hill, I have the service manual and I have gone through all these and yet the error has refused refused to go. I read somewhere that it could be from the interlock switches but he didn't elaborate on where the interlock switch is and he is no longer on the forum.

clock-work

Seiko ColorPainter 64S error 1700

Thanks again J Hill, I have run this checks again according to the manual and yet it's the same.

clock-work

Seiko ColorPainter 64S INTERLOCK SWITCH

Hi there, I am in a delima looking for the interlock switch on my seiko colourpainter 64s. I have checked the maintenance manual and no diagram pin-pointing the location of the INTERLOCK SWITCH. kindly direct me on where it is located because from the maintenance manual, it can lead to short circut on the boards which could lead to power related errors.