• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seiko Colorpainter not powered on for a month

klmjff

I have an opportunity to purchase a Seiko Colorpainter 64S that I went and looked at today. The machine shows an engine error that means it has been turned off for at least a month. They put brand new printheads in this thing 4 months ago, unplugged it 2 months later and it has just been sitting. I know these printheads need to stay moist. What are the chances of any life left in these printheads after its been sitting for this long? I think I already know the answer, just confirm it for me.

Printhead

Hey ProWraps, why the bump? Anyway... here's my one year late answer.
It depends if they got the lines clean before powering it down. Even if they did not, there can still be life to suck out of this machine, since those printheads are new, and they're quite tough. If you have access to the printer I would advise doing a complete maintenance and running a simple nozzle check.

Now.... it's been more than a year since OP's posted his question so there's very little hope about this poor Seiko 64s.

It's beyond me why one would change six printheads and unplug the thing 2 months later. Those printheads alone are almost as expensive as the machine itself.

Printhead

DAMN, sorry I mixed OP's join date with the date of the post. Not enough coffee this morning.
OP, if you need guidance for the maintenance procedure just ask away, I worked with this machine for 3 years.

J Hill Designs

brought an oce cs6060 which is the same as the colorpainter back from 6mo's+ w/o use...alot of cleaning and check the pump tubes for solid ink...PM if you want more details