• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seiko plotter any good?

Signed Out

Have a customer that wants to sell us his old plotter. It's a seiko 48" plotter with 3 pinch rollers. He said he has all the cables and software for it and that it worked last time he used it several years ago. That's all I know about it so far. It's been sitting in a garage for a while, he used to use it to make decals for his snow cross team.

I poked around here and online a bit but didn't find much info about these plotters. I don't know the model yet, he said he doesn't remember but will find out. I'm thinking if it's a decent plotter we could set it up and cut magnets with it. Don't like cutting them on our roland, too much stress.

I think I can pick it up for $200. Is it worth it?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Its worth it if you need a boat anchor! Lol I promise you will be investing a big amount of time and money to get it working. How much are the printheads? Do you have any tech that can help make it work? What are the applications you want to do with it?

Signed Out

Its worth it if you need a boat anchor! Lol I promise you will be investing a big amount of time and money to get it working. How much are the printheads? Do you have any tech that can help make it work? What are the applications you want to do with it?

I thought it was just a vinyl cutter, so no print heads. I could be wrong though.

I just want a second plotter for cutting magnets and the occasional stencil. Currently we only sell square or round magnets that we cut by hand. We have cut magnet our or roland plotter and it worked great, but it definitely wears on the machine. If I can set this seiko up to cut magnet, I think it would be worth it. :dunno:

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I thought it was just a vinyl cutter, so no print heads. I could be wrong though.

I just want a second plotter for cutting magnets and the occasional stencil. Currently we only sell square or round magnets that we cut by hand. We have cut magnet our or roland plotter and it worked great, but it definitely wears on the machine. If I can set this seiko up to cut magnet, I think it would be worth it. :dunno:

Ohhhh ok I see, I was wondering that when you said plotter lol. Yes then it could be a good pick up if you get it running.

0igo

That was actually my first plotter and it paid for itself by my second job, however it's a pain to get that to work properly at first, it will only give good cuts if you use flexi or flexi 10 on windows 7 and above. Make sure you set your over-cut in production manager to at least .150 or else you will not have fully cut vinyls. And force has to be 100 - 150 and speed 300+ is good. Anyways I loved it, hated it at first but it works and gets the job done even on smaller letter for like menus.