• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seiko Shutdown Tips

acothran

We have sold our Seiko Colorpainter 64S and the buyer insists on using a freight company for pick-up and shipping. This means the printer will be powered down for several days which is not ideal. Can someone please give me some pointers on the best way to prep the printer for shipping? I'm not talking about crating or anything like that, I'm talking about prepping cap stations, securing head carriage (if possible), and things of that nature. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Allen

d fleming

You should secure the head at least. You should have a metal bar to do this with a couple of screws from when machine was new. Maybe power down on capfill and when powered up run several hard cleans and go.

Robert M

Shipping by truck

Make sure you are paid in advance. We have also had customers ask us to ship equipment with a proper box or crate. The trucking companies will take no responsibility for damages to un crated equipment even if you insure it. They will be very lucky to get the printer without damage.