• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sequential Numbered Small Signs

FLETCH

We have a client who wants large quantities of 2x3 signs, with sequential numbering.
Are any of you doing this sort of thing, and if so, what material are you using, and what system?
(large format print / laminate / route -or- Label/Thermal Print Decal applied to metal or pvc, etc.)

CanuckSigns

At that size, we would laser engrave them from either rowmark plastic, or anodized aluminum, it would outlast a digital print and be significantly less labour intensive.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I create a template for an 8x4 sheet. Set it up to populate artwork, add variable data fields, registration marks for CNC cutting. Print on a flatbed printer. We don't yet have in-house CNC, so I send the cut file to our CNC guy, and deliver the printed sheets to them.
Also need to set up the data to merge in xcell... Lots of detail to setup initially, but if it repeats, totally worth it.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
What subtrate, and what type of printing largely depends on capabilities of the OP.
So how were you going to approach this fletch? Are you actually producing, or looking for some internal knowledge to sell something?

Last edited:

FLETCH

What subtrate, and what type of printing largely depends on capabilities of the OP.
So how were you going to approach this fletch? Are you actually producing, or looking for some internal knowledge to sell something?
We have thermal decal to metal capability, with sequential numbering. But, wanted to see what other options may be feasible.

citysignshop

I would approach 2x3 cm differently than 2x3 inch, or 2x3 foot!
What's a 'large quantity' to a one-man shop ( 100?...10,000?) .....probably is not to you guys! :)

White Haus

Not a Newbie
I would approach 2x3 cm differently than 2x3 inch, or 2x3 foot!
What's a 'large quantity' to a one-man shop ( 100?...10,000?) .....probably is not to you guys! :)
Agreed, more details/effort required to make proper recommendations.

How are the signs intended to be used? Interior/exterior?
Is it just sequential numbering required on the signs or any other details?