• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Set-up help?!

stephenvision

Hi All,

In my workspace we have 2 pcs and 2 cutters..

We have flexiStarter on 1 pc which normally had only our Summa D160 plugged into it
and we have Flexi12 on my main pc which has my Graphtec Fc8600-130 plugged in.

I have mainly been in the workspace myself so i plugged both cutters into my pc but i would like to "remotley" access them from the other machine without moving the usbs if this makes sense.

Due to Covid, I Don't want to touch the "FlexiStarter" PC but I want to be able to use the summa without swapping out usbs and vice versa. i dont want my collegue to touch my pc to use the graphtec

stephenvision

Like this? Not sure how it works and you may have issues because you have two different versions.

http://fxhelp-en.saicloud.com/3821.htm

If it doesn't work, setup a remote access solution to the windows. Add connection option to both and you can cross use them that way.

yeah weve tried this, due to different builds the built in "remote" way does not see one another - Sai are looking at this issue for me and i am awaiting there response but thought id try the guys here.

Do you mean like remote desktop to control to send to cut?

stephenvision

Yeah. It really depends how you actually use those two PCs which I can't know. Is there always someone there or is it only for using the cutters etc etc.
yep normally 2 of us are working in the room and being busy we cant afford to stop each time someone wants to send something if that makes sense

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Well I can't come up with any other option then. Upgrade your Flexi situtation to current or same version and at least then you can get that PM sharing to work if not otherwise.

stephenvision

Well I can't come up with any other option then. Upgrade your Flexi situtation to current or same version and at least then you can get that PM sharing to work if not otherwise.

yeah paying out another £1200 is last resort, will see what sai say to our current situation

Attila Nagy

1. Install a generic/Text Only Printer to the ports where the cutters connected.
2. Share Them over your Network. Make Sure Windows file and Printer sharing enabled.
3. On the other computer, FlexiProduction Manager Communication Tab. Browse for the shared printers.
4. It is done. You should be able to cut from any computer even wirelessly.
5. If your cutter connected to serial port, you will need to set the Baud rate and Handshake. in Device manager

Attila Nagy

1. Install a generic/Text Only Printer to the ports where the cutters connected.
2. Share Them over your Network. Make Sure Windows file and Printer sharing enabled.
3. On the other computer, FlexiProduction Manager Communication Tab. Browse for the shared printers.
4. It is done. You should be able to cut from any computer even wirelessly.
5. If your cutter connected to serial port, you will need to set the Baud rate and Handshake. in Device manager
But, What am I talking about. Both of these already have network adapters, Why they should be connected to one computer directly. just connect them to your network router and cut from 100's of computers, from anywhere.