• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shadows / Contrast

WB

I've noticed in the last couple weeks that the shadows in some of my prints seem to be really dark. Spot colours are still bang on but photo's seem to print darker then they used to. I'm swamped right now and don't have alot of time to wokr on my profiles, I re-linerized this AM but it didn't seem to help. Does it sound like my ink limits are off?

I haven't changed materials, same inks.. same profiles.. I guess I'll have to come in tomorrow and work on it.. weeee

genericname

Is it possible that your rendering intents were modified? Relative colorimetric will generally give you more dark-tones, while something like perceptual will even things out with more mid-tones.

Rooster

If you have the option to turn on/off "black point compensation" make sure it's turned on or your shadows will look plugged up.