• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sheet cut banner material?

snowmancanada

Hi Guys,

Just about to make my first banner on my SP-540v and was wondering if I can use the sheet cut function on banner material? Also, if anyone has and tips or tricks please share :)

Cheers,
Matt

J

john1

On all material including 13 ounce banner i use the smaller media clamps. Works like a charm. The large ones that are like 3 inches long will get hit by the blade cutting it if you use them.

On the heat settings, your going to want to turn the print heater down really low, i run adhesive vinyl 112 setting and the banner material 90. This makes it not buckle causing head strike on my machine anyway.

One tip i have learned is on my SP300i Roland, I can print on high speed using generic banner profile and it prints flawless on matte banner material.

Good luck and don't forget hemp tape and grommets!

Custom_Grafx

Sure just as long as the long media clamps are not in place.

I just found a feature upgrade in the roland vs series... i'm usually pretty good at not forgetting this sort of thing, but forgot it the other day... guess what! it beeped and told me to remove the long clamps!

Not a bad idea on Roland's part eh?