• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rant Sherwin Williams ProMar 200 Zero VOC Interior Latex paint - no stick!

mnapuran

So... have run into issues with other no VOC paints, but this stuff has just sucked. Virtually everything I've tested on a wall painted with this stuff starts to lift or fall off.

Any one find a material or method that actually sticks and stays up (wall mural, etc)?

So... have run into issues with other no VOC paints, but this stuff has just sucked. Virtually everything I've tested on a wall painted with this stuff starts to lift or fall off.

Any one find a material or method that actually sticks and stays up (wall mural, etc)?
We don't apply any wall graphics unless we (or they) have applied Gardz first. Everything seems to stick fine to it, and if the graphics have to be removed in the future there's usually no damage done to the wall.

bigben

I always use the 3m paint test kit. Very useful tool.

We don't apply any wall graphics unless we (or they) have applied Gardz first. Everything seems to stick fine to it, and if the graphics have to be removed in the future there's usually no damage done to the wall.

wow! Thanks. You just make me discover a new product that will resolve lot of problems.

Joe House

It's a know issue with high quality paint that's designed to wash off accidents by toddlers with markers. The paint dries with a film that resists "stuff" adhering to it. Great for families with rug rats. Not so great if you want "stuff" to stick.
I hadn't heard of Guardz before, but that looks like a great solution. In the past I had just been recommending cheap paint as it usually doesn't have the additives that tend to cause problems with adhesion.

Good Luck

kalvix

Shermin Williams sells Minwax Polycrylic Protective Finish that can be applied to the low VOC paints to make it stickable.

MI Bearcat

How do you apply the Gardtz? I have a customer that wants a 90" x 135" wall graphic where the images will be contour cut and they just freshly painted it with the Promar 200. Does it leave a residue or effect the paint color wherever the decal is not applied?

tonyconner20

Production Manager
How do you apply the Gardtz? I have a customer that wants a 90" x 135" wall graphic where the images will be contour cut and they just freshly painted it with the Promar 200. Does it leave a residue or effect the paint color wherever the decal is not applied?
Hey Bearcat, Installing graphics on promar 200 painted a week ago. Any tips on a successful install?

Thanks

Tony