• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shipping banners, Worried about them being crimped up

J

john1

I had a customer needing 2 2.5x10' banners for Tuesday so i shipped them today in a 38" USPS mailing tube that was triangle (free)

I put the 2 in there wound up as small as i could and they BARELY fit in there together. For some reason now i'm worried since they are smashed in there against the box sides and all they will be crimped up and ruined when they arrive Monday to my customer. They have dried before shipping 24 hours. One was wrapped in some backing paper so they prints didn't touch.

Am i just worrying too much or did i make a boo boo?

I should have shipped them seperately but i wanted to make sure they got there together and honestly didn't have a box laying around. They were matte ultra flexx with powertape.

:doh:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
...I should have shipped them seperately but i wanted to make sure they got there together and honestly didn't have a box laying around. They were matte ultra flexx with powertape...

Put them in separate containers. If you want them to arrive together, tape the containers together.

I use 3" tubes with end-caps from U-Line. I buy them in cases of 25 with the end-caps included. I always print a 6" miniature on vinyl of the banner that's inside and stick it to the outside of the tube right along side another decal with my logo, such as it is. Costs me less than a buck, the client gets a permanent container, and it looks much more professional than using whatever potluck container might be readily available.

For multiple banners each one goes into its own tube and then tape the tubes together in a bundle.

Pat Whatley

I do the same thing Bob does. It's amazing how much mileage I've gotten out of providing storage/shipping tubes with banners. They're dirt cheap but they make one heck of an impression. Plus, like Bob said, it's a nice place to stick your logo.

blueben

They should be ok. I have shipped a ton of banners all over the place. I have stopped using UPS's triangle box. I have had to many customers call me telling me the box has had about 1/3 of the box ripped off and then taped back together. The banners were ok according the the customers but I don't want it to become an issue.

Like bob, I use 3" tubes. I contacted a local blueprint place here and all there paper comes on 3" tubes so I just get theirs instead of just throwing them away. They look just like the ones from Uline just a little thicker.

Printing a smaller copy on vinyl and attaching it to the tube is a great idea and looks a lot more professional than just a triangle box with UPS on it.

J

john1

Yeah i really think they will be ok. Next time i will just use separate tubes and tape them together. I honestly NEVER thought it of it lol I put insurance on most orders over a certain amount just in case things get rough during shipment.

I just cut a extra piece of banner material and rolled it up and put something heavy on it and it's wrinkled but if the customer lets it hang up it should come out fine i would think.

Thanks for the info guys, Much appreciated!