• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Side by Sides, ATV, Motorcycle "wraps" Material combos?

BluetailGFX

Journeyman
I have a couple good clients that are really hounding me on "wrapping" their Side by Sides. Both are Can Am Maverick X3's.

The one guy owns a local custom car paint shop and has already BullyDogged panels and sprayed them, but he really wants one of my wild artwork jobs (clipart power slop I call it) :thumb:
He has sent to me pics of other Mavericks that were fully wrapped, he asked the owners, but not just the typical printed kits that are made with Low Energy Surface films and PPF as laminate.

Poking around online I of course find some videos of DIYers wrapping their own Mavericks. But you can tell by the photos that things are bubbling up here and there. They also say they had to wrap around to the rears of some panels in order to get things to hold. And many many years ago I too wrapped my own ATVs, but then decided paint would be better after the film got too many tears from brush.

So I am curious if anybody either has a source that the Low Energy Surface films can be contract printed / cut from a Maverick template?

Or if anybody is printing and wrapping these vehicles in house, what are the material combos you are using?

I have played with the Orajet 3951 in the past, lamming that with the Orafol 270G, but my trusty Summa had difficulty cutting this combo. ( i did not feel like getting the heavy angled blade however to try at that time) Using a more standard lam like 8518 was obviously more cuttable, but loses the scratch resistance of the PPF lamination.

I had thought that maybe this could be similar to some of the high end super cars that we have done giant jobs on. Full color change wraps that then get XPEL templated PPF over the wrap film, then more film over the PPF for rally stripes/ads etc., then everything gets ceramic coated........ but that is ok and "affordable" for a car worth as much as a house, not a guys weekend fun mudder........ But maybe a standard wrap film combo, then templated cut PPF over the flat faces of the vehicles panels could work... IDK

unclebun

Anything that you can actually wrap with is not durable to survive normal use of the offroad vehicle. Anything durable enough to survive use cannot be wrapped because it's not flexible enough. And the laminates used on the graphics are not PPF but specialty overlaminates.

Avery and Oracal both make 2 mil cast films with high tack adhesive. So if the customer is willing to have fragile graphics, you could laminate with ordinary cast laminate and use that.