• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Sign Installer in Oregon?

StephieDude

Hello! I'm hoping to find an installer in the Beaverton/Portland Oregon area that I can work with on a regular basis? I'm pretty much a one-woman show at the moment, and could really....really use the help.

The type of installs would most likely be Dimensional Lettering, ADA Wayfinding, Alupanel, or Vinyl.

kcollinsdesign

Old member
Installation is where the money is at. The types of signs you listed are easy to have fabricated and shipped, and for the last few years very competitively priced. Margins are razor thin, as many of these signs can be ordered directly by the customer. Unless your business model is shipping thousands of signs to regional installation, service and maintenance companies, I would strongly encourage doing your own installations!
For example, a 3' x 8' digitally printed banner with hems and grommets retails for around $40.00. You can make about $15 gross profit. Installing the same banner will cost at least $70.00 in most markets, and if you need to do a survey or get a permit you can make even more!

StephieDude

Thanks for responding :) I do (or at least try to) do the majority of my installs in the shop. My main problem is having to shut things down here to go do installs out in the field. It's been difficult to juggle, needing to be here for customers that need to pick up orders, and keeping up with the ones that physically take me away, especially when I'm also working on multiple layouts. It seems like there's never enough time in the day!