• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

signlab 7.1 font database error

yonu

ok I am hoping someone may have an idea I had a client bring in there pc as the HDD had crashed I reinstalled the exact same version of XP sp2 they had used there signlab 7.1 disk to reinstall signlab. However all I get when signlab is loaded is that it couldn't gain write access to cdlfont.mdb it is not readonly and it is there I am at a loss and trying to not have to deal with cadlink after reading various things about there customer service.

Thanks,
Yonu

d fleming

I would dig around on their forum for FAQ. Just stay away from letting their techs remote control anything. It took me forever to clean up the mess their tech left me in when I paid them to help me connect my Epson using the vpm. Guy was pure damage.

yonu

I will have a look I know I have tried several things I found in there forum maybe I missed something

Thanks,
Yonu

yonu

well I installed signlab, I added the msjet35 files, and I plugged in the lpt dongle I can't say I remember a license file. I will check my notes.

I know it works otherwise as it will let it cut it just only has the font Arial listed.

Yonu

yonu

Okay problem fixed I found a reference in the cadlink forum to fontmgr.ini being in the windows folder but I didn't have one there so I placed the fontmgr.in in the following folders

windows
windows/system
windows/system32
windows/signlab71

I don't know which one worked but it worked so at-least now I can finish there system and get them back to work.

Thanks,
Yonu