• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help SignLab 9.1 - DXF Cut

Moeed Farook

Yorkshire Wrapper
Hi All

I'm new to using signlab and have seen various tutorials on how to use the software.
I've imported a DXF from a CAD software and it does do very well.
When i go to cut then put 'plot', it says no object to cut.
there might be a very simple solution to this but i can't seem to find it.
Any ideas?

Many Thanks in advance.

Jean Shimp

I have SignLab 9 and am able to cut a dxf imported file.. Could it be there are multiple layers in your file that are not recognized or the simple question is are you "selecting" the object before clicking the "cut" icon?

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
I don't use SignLab, but I wonder if the cutting portion of the software requires objects to be closed shapes, no open paths.

DXF artwork from CAD programs can often be pretty awful. Typically such artwork is badly broken into thousands of little open path segments. Some elements may be very crudely drawn. For instance what's supposed to be a clean circle may be some dirty shape of a bunch of straight line segments trying to look like a circle. That kind of artwork is fine if you need to import a building elevation drawing to use in a printed sign design sketch. It's lousy as a vinyl cutting source. Usually it takes a good vector drawing graphics program or sign making program to create DXF files where all the objects are closed shapes.