• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Simple Vinyl Sticker Printing. (low end)

621ty

I am looking to print from home, and potentially start a small business.
I have a sales rep in the professional printing world, (office copier side).
I have looked at the versa studio BN20, and it looks ok, but I dont need a cutter,
as I will be cutting by hand.
I dont want a cricut, unless theres a good quality low end, with no cutter option I dont know about.

I dont imagine wanting to do anything fancy, IE metallic, etc.

Mostly color and BW on Vinyl, long term outdoor adhesive, hand cut squares / rectangles.
I design, and would be making prints of other artists work as well.

I know the HP indigo line is way above my capacity,
My rep seems to need me to specify a media, and he will be able to track down the machines.

I am looking at Oracal 651, but am not sure its the most feasible for my situation.
I have heard of the Eco inks line of printers, but again I am not sure what direction to go.

Sorry if this has been answered before, any help is greatly appreciated!!!

jochwat

Graphics Department
So nice of you to share these here. I'm really happy for you.
I think you had a good knowledge of printing so you would be starting a small printing business. Before starting you need to go under various research and most successful small businesses such as Healthcare, Real Estate, Dental care, and so on... On average, a printing business owner can earn around $100,000 a year. This isn't guaranteed and there's no promise of success, but like any business, there's a chance you can earn this or much more if you play your cards right. Nevertheless never forget about naming a business and taking a license by going through the secretary of state texas business entity search.
Ohhhhhhh! So THAT'S how ya do it!

Kemik

I sell stickers and sticker accessories.
If you have a sales rep in the professional printing world, would he really be interested in selling small quantities from a BN20?
Don't waste your time, start with a used wide format if you can't afford new, and the added cut feature is quite useful unless you have a 2nd machine for cutting.