• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Small flatbed cutter suggestions

Lea Marc

Hi everyone,

We currently use a Graphtec FC 8000 to plot mostly vinyl (and some experimental card projects) but we are exploring the option of getting a small flatbed cutter, possibly 4 x 4', that would allow us to also cut substrates such as acrylic, lexan, sintra and di-bond. No more than 1" thick, we don't need to do routing but having the ability to cut our own substrates (mostly square cuts) would vastly reduce farmed out jobs and the reliance on suppliers to get them back to us in a timely fashion.

We saw a video of the Summa F series which also has roll-fed plotting for vinyl (?), anyone have any suggestions we could explore? We don't have a hug amount of space which is why 4 x 4' would appeal to us more than 4 x 8'

Steve

Trex604

Hi everyone,

We currently use a Graphtec FC 8000 to plot mostly vinyl (and some experimental card projects) but we are exploring the option of getting a small flatbed cutter, possibly 4 x 4', that would allow us to also cut substrates such as acrylic, lexan, sintra and di-bond. No more than 1" thick, we don't need to do routing but having the ability to cut our own substrates (mostly square cuts) would vastly reduce farmed out jobs and the reliance on suppliers to get them back to us in a timely fashion.

We saw a video of the Summa F series which also has roll-fed plotting for vinyl (?), anyone have any suggestions we could explore? We don't have a hug amount of space which is why 4 x 4' would appeal to us more than 4 x 8'

Steve
Hi Steve,

I know this is old but did you end up finding a solution to this? Looking for something exactly like you are talking about here. Nice and small

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
I know you guys are going to roll your eyes at me, but make the space for a 4x8 cutter. You'll regret not being able to work directly with the 4x8 sheet. It's such a standard size. You'll use it for everything.

In the mean time, we contour cut dozens of different sign materials daily if we can help with a project that pops up, or even overrun work when you do get your cutter up and running.