• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Smelly Vinyl

RiXaX

We've been trying Hexis products and finding this strong plasticizers smell that we never encountered with Arlon. The stuff seems every bit as good and a fraction of the price. All we use is the high performance cast product. We wonder if there is any danger from that smell? Any toxic dangers?

Craig Sjoquist

Depends ... Remember years ago people had problems with NEW housing and most of those were because during those years new housing was sealed up, air tighter then before and some people it affected.

So do you know your affected or not and by what. That I would first start at Google cause I would not know.

So at least get a good FAN moving air

HulkSmash

We've been trying Hexis products and finding this strong plasticizers smell that we never encountered with Arlon. The stuff seems every bit as good and a fraction of the price. All we use is the high performance cast product. We wonder if there is any danger from that smell? Any toxic dangers?

Where are you getting the hexis from? I was loooking into it the other day. The pricing i found is MUCH more expensive than any other vinyl I've ever used.
for 33yards by 54 inches was like 1200 for the cast wrap vinyl and the lam.

RiXaX

I call Hexis in Corona, CA direct.
I just bought a 50 yd roll of white for $125 less than our normal supplier.
We just wonder if the smell is worth the price?
The stuff seems to hold up fine, although we've only been using a couple years.

RiXaX

Here is some contact info that you asked about....who I deal with there is Keri
425 Klug Circle | Corona, CA 92880
Toll Free: 888.284.3947 Ext. 31 | FAX 951.739.5990

I'm not trying to promote this product, just want to know what I can about what I'm being exposed to.