• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

So, this just "fell off"? Hmmm

Stacey K

I like making signs
Looks more like someone thought they might be funny and peeled this off then it "fell off"...thoughts?

Should say KIEL not IEL

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 459

letterman7

I've had clients try that too. However, there doesn't look like any adhesive left behind and a lot of bubbles in the other chrome letters. It's entirely possible it simply didn't adhere and they just ripped it off.

rydods

Member for quite some time.
Did you use a wet application? Media manufacturers and suppliers had advised not to use a wet app on metallized material like chrome and reflective. I brought it up to a supplier after I used a wet application on a full reflective police car. 1 day later I got a call that there were little bubbles everywhere. Had to re-do the entire car.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Forgot about this post lol

I later found out from his girlfriend that he peeled the chrome off because the black letter was peeling. But then I remembered him calling me once that he was buying a new truck so he needed to remove the old lettering but then he never bought a new one. IDK, I think he might have started to remove it and it was too difficult and in the meantime the sale fell through. He probably just told me it fell off so he wouldn't have to pay for it. If the black letter fell off then I'm to blame, not sure how it might have happened. Pretty much the first time ever someone said a letter randomly fell off.

Chrome was dry application, can't remember if the black was dry or wet, it was 2-3 years ago. I don't recall there being any bubbles when I applied it.