• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Software Suggestions

masterbrader

Hi,

I recently switched from running roland gs-24 cutters with my BN-20 and BN-20A and got a Graphtech FC9000. I am trying to work on my workflow process and the cutting master plugin with AI just doesnt do it for me. Ive tried installing flexi and while I can get the BN-20 to connect with flexi and it "sends" a print to the printer it doesnt actually ever print anything and eventually just spits out a blank page. Im wondering if 1) anyone has any idea what might be going wrong with flexi and 2) is there a better workflow / software package I should be using because right now I am at a stand still.

MrDav3C

Cant really comment on issues with Flexi as we don't really use it, however I will say we use CorelDraw with the cutting master plugin for our graphtec plotters and this always seems to work pretty flawlessly.

We do end up with an error if there are bitmap type images in cutting file anywhere, cutting master seems to attempt to read the entire file before processing the selected elements for cutting so we usually copy whatever we want to cut to a new file to avoid this.

jfiscus

Rap Master
We use Onyx with our printers and our Graphtec FC9000 plotters. As long as the cut files are set up correctly so that Onyx interprets the Spot color "CutContour" the prints/cuts are perfect and the barcode server works great. You will have to have your RIP computer running the latest version of Onyx and Windows though for it to work right.