• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Solid color changes when printing

midnightmadman

I keep getting a change in tone in my print in the same area every time I try to print. Its a blue logo that has a lot of area. Its a solid color but at one point in the image it keeps changing from a light blue to a darker blue. Its very slight but I can be seen.
I tried re-ripping twice. I re filled the image. I also tried different settings in flexi... nothing has helped! I've also tried rasterizing it first.
Any ideas?

midnightmadman

I am really puzzled. Its a 42x42" logo.
I recreated the entire image and re-printed..and same thing! When it gets to a certain area in the print it shifts color from a light blue to a darker blue.
I just tried shrinking it down to a 12x12 and it printed fine...
help!?

mikey-Oh

Pics might help.

Solid all the way, until a point?
Any masked objects near or over the area?
Everything RGB or CMYK throughout?

midnightmadman

yes. its gets to a certain area in the print and then the hue changes. It leaves a distinct change line from one blue to the changed blue. hard to explain. no masks or anything like that.
when I shrink it down it doesnt do it either

midnightmadman

Heres a shot

Heres a shot

Attachments

• moparprint.jpg
    moparprint.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 70

mikey-Oh

Pretty distinct fade from that point on.
Imagine it all blends well at 1/2 size since it's less coverage.
Might just be the file. Is this the only file messing up the solid print?
Not a solution by any means, but more of a work around.
If you have some scrap, try flipping the file 180 in the rip. (so it prints upside down)

edit: Custom_Grafx might be on to something

Mitro

Looks like a transparency issue. Is that a photoshop logo? If so set you're rendering intents on your RIP to the same. I like absolute colormetric. If that doesn't work redraw the logo in illustrator.
Hope that helps. Good luck

midnightmadman

Thanks guys. I did try fliping it. It changed color in the exact same spot.
It started as a .eps and I brought it into flexi and gave it a bleed and a contour cut line.
Then I grabbed another .eps of the same image - rebuilt it and printed it the same size 42x42 and it did the exact same thing.
I just cant figure it out. Its the only time I have seen this happen.

Custom_Grafx

When you say "in the exact same spot", do you mean after printing 3/4 or it did it after 1/4 way through printing? If the latter, then it's your file/rip obviously.

midnightmadman

When I printed it the first time it was right side up and the change happened approx 3/4.. almost to the end of the print.
Then when I flipped it 180 and re-printed it did it again but 1/4 up close to the beginning of the print.
But I have tried all kinds of stuff with the file and nothing has changed it since.. still occurs in the same spot!

midnightmadman

I know it seems like it would be but I really don't think its IN the image. When I shrink it down and print it doesnt show up.
Could something be happening while it gets ripped?