• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Some questions about working with "white" HP 700 W

Fooroogelm

Hello,

I really apologize for the next stupid questions :)

I have some questions about working with "white" HP 700 W.

1. What is the best mode for printing on laminate in white - trying to print decals on it for installation on a shop window "from the side of the room"?
2. When you just need the first layer of paint "white" - so that the rest of the colors do not "sag" in brightness and so that "white" is not "transparent" - namely, "white" - does the file need additional processing in Adobe Illustrator?

I heard that if you print in white less than once a week, then you need to remove the heads that print in white, put plugs in their place, and place the heads themselves in a drum with circulating white ink.

1. "Week" is the correct date? No more, no less?
2. If you do not remove the heads, but simply print a job with white color once a week - may this be enough to avoid clogging? For example, print size 24x36 with 60% white backing?

Thank you very much in advance!

balstestrat

Problem Solver
1. OF100 to start with. Then mirror your job.

2. No it doesn't need anything in illustrator except the white layer if you make it there. You may have to go to higher whites, 160% or 260% in the print mode if you want maximum white.

3. Take them out if you don't use them. Every day unless you know you need white tomorrow.

4. Its cleaning them all the time, you don't need to do that. Remove them.

Last edited:
For window applications that use spot white or 2-layer (Underflood or Overflood) print modes, 60-percent white can work well, and you get the added benefit of faster print speeds - as fast as 183 ft2/hr using spot white.

Agree with Balstestrat that white ink jobs should ideally be batched together and run with the white heads in the carriage. Leave the white heads in the wheel for weeks, even a couple of months - just be aware that white ink will eventually expire.