• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Sp-300 no cyan

Farren

Looking for advice to repair a sp-300. Cyan had a manifold crack. replaced manifold, cyan wouldn’t print more than a couple bars in the test print. Replaced head, ribbons, caps , reset head info and head rank. Cyan and black won’t print. found a blown fuse, replaced fuse, black is perfect, no cyan. Swapped ribbons to other head, so magenta.yellow thinks it’s black, cyan. Now cyan, black, magenta works fine, no yellow. Thoughts

Farren

Thanks Terry. Both heads will work if I use the right hand (yellow,magenta) circuits as drivers. If I call the “circuits” 1 (y), 2(m), 3(c), 4(b) then using 1/2 for the y,m head will fire y&m. If I use the 1/2 on the c/b head I get c&b. if I use 3/4 to drive y/m I get m only. If I use 3/4 to drive the c/b I get b only. so there is something wrong with circuit 3 or maybe the firmware for curcuit 3

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thanks Terry. Both heads will work if I use the right hand (yellow,magenta) circuits as drivers. If I call the “circuits” 1 (y), 2(m), 3(c), 4(b) then using 1/2 for the y,m head will fire y&m. If I use the 1/2 on the c/b head I get c&b. if I use 3/4 to drive y/m I get m only. If I use 3/4 to drive the c/b I get b only. so there is something wrong with circuit 3 or maybe the firmware for curcuit 3
This indicates more severe damage to the main board unfortunately. Most likely a blown transistor.

Farren

This indicates more severe damage to the main board unfortunately. Most likely a blown transistor.
That was what I was wondering too. Not opposed to replacing a transistor or 10 but…..where to start and my workbench doesn’t have the room and I don’t have the time right now..
Appreciate the help. Gonna start looking for a board.

Terry01

Hi Terry,
what should I be looking for?
To check both long cables, short cables, both channels of the printhead board and both channels of the main board prior to purchasing parts Try to isolate where the problem exists first.