• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-540 "now heating" problem

Color Envy

I have a SP540v and I have had this issue since ive had it, but its just a minor irritation until today. I have a large job of stickers and Im breaking it into custom cut pages.

The problem is that once VW rips and sends the file to the printer, it spins up and then says "now heating". It never goes off on its own, I have to press pause to get it to go on and do the job. I have turned off "preheating" in the control panel on the printer, but it still does it. I also have set the heater settings in VW to "use printer settings" (which is off), but it still does it. So after it runs one page and cuts the sheet.....it stops until I go press pause. It kind of defeats the purpose of setting up the sheets lol.

The platen heats up fine. Any idea how I can resolve this?
Thanks!

Sean@CedarHouse

Printing Money

Philw

I have a SP540v and I have had this issue since ive had it, but its just a minor irritation until today. I have a large job of stickers and Im breaking it into custom cut pages.

The problem is that once VW rips and sends the file to the printer, it spins up and then says "now heating". It never goes off on its own, I have to press pause to get it to go on and do the job. I have turned off "preheating" in the control panel on the printer, but it still does it. I also have set the heater settings in VW to "use printer settings" (which is off), but it still does it. So after it runs one page and cuts the sheet.....it stops until I go press pause. It kind of defeats the purpose of setting up the sheets lol.

The platen heats up fine. Any idea how I can resolve this?
Thanks!
I've had a couple go like this and both times it's been the heater relay board.