• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sp300 problem

petepaz

having an issue with the machine reading the width of material and this is what the service tech from where we bought the machine said

"Its time to replace the white cable card that reads the width is wearing out just give me a call to schedule a service"

anyone ever have this problem:
when i load the material the machine goes through the motions of reading the material and then it displays 0.0"
is this something you have to have a tech guy fix
does it cost alot?

InkjetAuction

Replace Cable

You need the cut carriage ribbon replaced. You also have to replace the guides and add the teflon tape retro-fit.

The ribbon runs starts at the cut carriage and runs all the way to the back of the machine to the servo board. Only about $40 or so in parts and takes an experienced tech less than an hour to properly replace.

You're not performing a frontal lobotomy on the printer, but I have heard of at least one person who blew their servo board by not following proper procedure.

If you're in Alpha, NJ you have a bunch of techs available within a half hour of you. Just have a tech do it if you are not totally comfortable with the repair.

~E