• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP300V ink pad UNDER spit sponge?

geckophoto

So I'm cleaning up and refurbishing a machine I just got. Ordering a new spit sponge and also the little T sponge...I see LOT of ink under where it drains and thought it was leaking and not draining somewhere but then discovered it is a tray with an absorbing sponge that it all drains down into. I can't find any info on where to buy a new one or even if you ever have to change it, but I opened the drawer and took it out, thought maybe soak it in solvent and squeeze out years of ink and re-use it. THEN i remembered my epson 11880 had a maintenance tank in it with layers of the same type of material to absorb the ink, i recently changed one and had the old tank left. SO I opened it up and pulled it apart, cut the ends of the pads that were not soaked with ink and put it in sections back into my tray. I'm sure this will work fine, but is there a place that sells a new pad for this anyways? I know I can buy a new Epson 1880 maintence tank on ebay for like $23 and open it up and cut a single long section that is new, there are about 8 layers in the maintence tank, just pull them apart and they are the same thickness of the roland pad...

Just thought this may give someone some help on putting in a new waste absorbing/sponge in that long tray at a cheap price. I'll post a couple pic to show you what I did.

Attachments

• IMG_7966.JPG
    IMG_7966.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_7967.JPG
    IMG_7967.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 158

Joe House

It's not too critical what you put down there to absorb the ink, but any Roland dealer can get you the "correct" sponge. The part number is 21545195. You'll want to get 6 of them to fill it up.

hbb2008

Premium Subscriber
I am also interested in this. I just spend 15-20 rinsing out with water one of my pads under the cap station from my Mimaki JV33. wondering if anyone else does this regularly or any tips on the subject or where to buy new ones.

Attachments

• absorbing spong1.jpg
    absorbing spong1.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 89
  • absorbing spong2.jpg
    absorbing spong2.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 89