• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sp540V Banding

stickygraphics12

So today I run out of Black ink, put a new cartridge in, and now it is banding really bad every time it prints black? Tried cleaning, didnt work. I'm kinda lost here???? Anyone have this before?

avengingmahlon

Hi I have the same problem I tried to use syringe already but still when I print the black is still mess up

here is the sample of my print out, please help me Ive been trying to fix this problem for a month now, thanks...

Attachments

• messup.jpg
    messup.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 212
Last edited by a moderator:

guillermo

my printer was doing exactly the same, I was going crazy about it and I almost buy a new print head, (with labor about $1,300.00), I start using Jetbest ink and oracal profile 3561 and............. magic.......... the print heads after 1 or 2 days of normal printing (2.5 hours a day for me) cleaned itself, now when I do a test print it looks pretty and the black is black, not stripped like your sample.
try to flush the head with solvent cleaning fluid from the dampers: remove the ink line going to the damper, place a hose on the damper and at the other end a syringe with cleaning fluid and push it through, (I did and remove a hose from the pump and placed to the damper) just make sure the cleaning fluid falls in a container.
good luck
guillermo

stickygraphics12

Mine wasn't printing the fuzzy outline you are getting....you might need a printhead? Not positive on that though. Mine was just air in the line and I used a syringe with the capping station against the printhead and it pulled the ink right through and got rid of the air in the line.

esoesmio

Banding

Hi I just started to have some banding on my sp 300i, it worked fine for 1 year and now this banding appears especially on black but really on all colors. Did my print test and both black and magenta have 2 lines missing each.
Roland technician said I did not do enough power cleaning throughout the year, but I did do the normal ones. I am not sure what to do, I read that it could be air and to remove it with a syringe but I am not sure how to do this. Please help! thanks

esoesmio

Attachments

• Captura_de_pantalla_2012-01-11_a_la_s_9_05_06.png
    Captura_de_pantalla_2012-01-11_a_la_s_9_05_06.png
    441.5 KB · Views: 172
Last edited by a moderator:

GTSTech_1

Inspect the face of the Black and magneta head, willing to bet you have either a scratch or a dimple in the printheads (happened with a head strike). If so, time to replace the heads, no cleaning will ever get ink flowing to a damaged head.

My .02

GTSTech_1

esoesmio

Roland guy came over today and did a major cleaning took everything out and all is the same.
Do you know if roland covers this in warranty i am still in my year,they claim its because i dont print enough.

CS-SignSupply

If the head(s) are scratched, Roland will NOT cover under warranty. I would guess the Warranty here is the US is different than in Ecuador.

esoesmio

Can you tell me how the scratch or dimple looks like, sorry for the silly question but i just had a look at it and cant see anything strange, perhaps you have some pictures?

esoesmio

Also any idea about warranty for not printing enough? I am not sure if they are trying to find a reason for not replacing the printhead. The printer is not even 1 year old.

guato

Scratch can be done, if like blueback paper touch printer head for some reason or anything like!

thestickerman

My 540v is banding magenta into the yellow and when I use reg marks it drops magenta on the job as it returns on the second pass and then it is really bad. If I do a clean it fixes the problem and the yellow is fine but as soon as I try to print reg marks the problem returns.. It is like the magenta is not shutting off and the action of the carriage return forces the ink to drop out.. Any ideas on what is happening ?