Welcome To Signs101.com

Signs101 is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sp540V Banding

Discussion in 'Roland' started by stickygraphics12, Jul 27, 2010.

1. stickygraphics12

stickygraphics12 Member

Sep 2, 2008
    So today I run out of Black ink, put a new cartridge in, and now it is banding really bad every time it prints black? Tried cleaning, didnt work. I'm kinda lost here???? Anyone have this before?

Tags:
  2. cinemasign.grafix

cinemasign.grafix Member

Aug 14, 2005
    air in the lines use syringe

3. stickygraphics12

stickygraphics12 Member

Sep 2, 2008
    Where would I put the syringe? How would I know the air is out?

4. DRamm76

DRamm76 Active Member

May 17, 2007
    Problem solved LOL

5. avengingmahlon

avengingmahlon New Member

Aug 24, 2010
    Hi I have the same problem I tried to use syringe already but still when I print the black is still mess up

here is the sample of my print out, please help me Ive been trying to fix this problem for a month now, thanks...

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2012
  6. guillermo

guillermo Member

Jun 10, 2009
    my printer was doing exactly the same, I was going crazy about it and I almost buy a new print head, (with labor about $1,300.00), I start using Jetbest ink and oracal profile 3561 and............. magic.......... the print heads after 1 or 2 days of normal printing (2.5 hours a day for me) cleaned itself, now when I do a test print it looks pretty and the black is black, not stripped like your sample.
    try to flush the head with solvent cleaning fluid from the dampers: remove the ink line going to the damper, place a hose on the damper and at the other end a syringe with cleaning fluid and push it through, (I did and remove a hose from the pump and placed to the damper) just make sure the cleaning fluid falls in a container.
    good luck
    guillermo

7. stickygraphics12

stickygraphics12 Member

Sep 2, 2008
    Mine wasn't printing the fuzzy outline you are getting....you might need a printhead? Not positive on that though. Mine was just air in the line and I used a syringe with the capping station against the printhead and it pulled the ink right through and got rid of the air in the line.

8. esoesmio

esoesmio New Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Banding

Hi I just started to have some banding on my sp 300i, it worked fine for 1 year and now this banding appears especially on black but really on all colors. Did my print test and both black and magenta have 2 lines missing each.
    Roland technician said I did not do enough power cleaning throughout the year, but I did do the normal ones. I am not sure what to do, I read that it could be air and to remove it with a syringe but I am not sure how to do this. Please help! thanks

9. CS-SignSupply

CS-SignSupply Merchant Member

Post a pic of the test print please

10. esoesmio

esoesmio New Member

Jan 10, 2012

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2012
  11. esoesmio

esoesmio New Member

Jan 10, 2012
    I am not sure how to post the picture but I uploaded it in photo gallery sp 300i guayas

12. Inspect the face of the Black and magneta head, willing to bet you have either a scratch or a dimple in the printheads (happened with a head strike). If so, time to replace the heads, no cleaning will ever get ink flowing to a damaged head.

My .02

GTSTech_1

13. esoesmio

esoesmio New Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Roland guy came over today and did a major cleaning took everything out and all is the same.
    Do you know if roland covers this in warranty i am still in my year,they claim its because i dont print enough.

14. CS-SignSupply

CS-SignSupply Merchant Member

If the head(s) are scratched, Roland will NOT cover under warranty. I would guess the Warranty here is the US is different than in Ecuador.

15. esoesmio

esoesmio New Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Can you tell me how the scratch or dimple looks like, sorry for the silly question but i just had a look at it and cant see anything strange, perhaps you have some pictures?

16. esoesmio

esoesmio New Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Also any idea about warranty for not printing enough? I am not sure if they are trying to find a reason for not replacing the printhead. The printer is not even 1 year old.

17. guato

guato Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Slovenia Europe
    Scratch can be done, if like blueback paper touch printer head for some reason or anything like!

18. thestickerman

thestickerman New Member

Jan 26, 2012
    My 540v is banding magenta into the yellow and when I use reg marks it drops magenta on the job as it returns on the second pass and then it is really bad. If I do a clean it fixes the problem and the yellow is fine but as soon as I try to print reg marks the problem returns.. It is like the magenta is not shutting off and the action of the carriage return forces the ink to drop out.. Any ideas on what is happening ?