• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sp540v message 'temperature is too high" ???

cbs

message "tempepature is too high" on my sp540v printer .
Installed a new damper today and when i turned on the printer i get this message every time is there any body that can trouble shoot this or knows what to do.Thanks

Last edited:

Ragnabrok

Temperature sensor on the head as far as i know is the only one that should cause an error. Unless something is wrong with the head, or some cables are not fully inserted, or the ambient temperature is ridiculous, that error shouldn't come up.

Check the cables on the head, and make sure no ink dripped onto the PCB of the head.

alias1

i encountered this problem one day when my rs-640 gave me the error. The reason for the error was of course high ambient temperatures. I was operating in a climatic chamber with condition at 35+ degrees and low humidity.

guillermo

all you need to do is: (it happen to me long time ago, and called roland for support)

turn off the printer, turn off the main switch and unplug the power cord, leave it for at least 20 minutes and then plug it in, turn on the mains switch and the subpower and you will be ok.

kffernandez

this error also happens when the cable for the head with temp reading [usually the black head] gets disconnected. turn off the machine and make sure that all cables are properly seated.