• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

speed up printing

msenjur

So im usually using profiles that came with printer - sellers has set them up. But profiles are all 720x720dpi. Sometimes i have to print some vinyls for jumbo billboards or banners, where i dont need such quality of print.

In postershop, when i click on job -> printer settings i have few quality mode - does either of these print faster, or is the speed same on all settings?

Brisi.jpg

I also downloaded some 540x720 profiles from profile downloader. They are faster, but i get some a bit different colors. I dont know about color usage? is it smaller?

what dpi profiles do you use for billboards and banners? Is it avaible in Profile downloader or did you create it yourself?

how could i speed up print, use less color and get satisfying print?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
4p Bi fastest
8p Bi
4p Uni
8p Uni slowest
320 cps faster than 240cps.

For speed you want Bi-Dir print mode, high cps and as low passes as you can accept.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
ok, but what about DPI? 540x720 is faster then 720x720 right?

The only thing DPI does to affect speed is it determines the available pass settings. Take the second number and divide by 180. That's the lowest pass count you can print at that resolution. So in your example, they would print the same speed. That's all handled by the RIP though. As stated above, speed is all about pass count, uni or bi-directional, and motor speed.