• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Spot Colour Palette

Titch Sanders

Hi Folks,
Can anyone enlighten me as regards how to put the Spot Colour (color) palette on screen, or show ALL spot colours available please?
My Omega 5 is only showing a few, 35 or so, but we all know how many there really are..
In the past I've always had them on the right hand side of the screen alongside the Process Colours pallette, and only showing one Yellow for example is a problem.
I always import from an early Signlab and if the palette is there the programme 'chooses' the nearest spot colour..obviously I can then change it to whichever colour I decide to use, then it's saved in Omega and ready for using whenever I need it again..
I think it's just me.............
Thanks,
Titch

Marie

See if this helps: At the top of the spot colors palette, there is a button that looks like an artist's paint palette. Click on that. Then click "Gerber Standard Foil Palette" and OK. That should load in all the Gerber foil choices.

Titch Sanders

See if this helps: At the top of the spot colors palette, there is a button that looks like an artist's paint palette. Click on that. Then click "Gerber Standard Foil Palette" and OK. That should load in all the Gerber foil choices.
Hello Marie,
Thank You, I had tried that, and again to check myself, but it certainly isn't listing all foils available..in fact, there are a few CYMK colours too.
I recall having both 'strips' of a palette too, one with process one with spot colours...I am confused and miss this facility..
Thanks for the input though of course..
Titch Sanders

Marie

Do all of the foils show up when you look at in palette manager? Could the .pal file have gotten changed or deleted?

Titch Sanders

Hi Marie,
Palette manager? Sounds a familiar term.. not sure how to locate that...I'll have a look shortly.
Thank you again...
Titch

Adam.Foster

Do you have the up and down arrows at the top and bottom of the palette?
should look like this
upload_2021-2-17_19-33-41.png

if you don't try grabbing the horizontal bar at the top and drag the palette into the middle of the screen. You should then see the arrows and be able to scroll the colors. If the colors go by too fast and you only see the first group and last group go into TOOLS>OPTIONS and change the palette scroll speed. Most new computers will need the slider all the way to the right to see the colors scroll.
upload_2021-2-17_19-35-54.png

Titch Sanders

Do you have the up and down arrows at the top and bottom of the palette?
should look like this
View attachment 152162

if you don't try grabbing the horizontal bar at the top and drag the palette into the middle of the screen. You should then see the arrows and be able to scroll the colors. If the colors go by too fast and you only see the first group and last group go into TOOLS>OPTIONS and change the palette scroll speed. Most new computers will need the slider all the way to the right to see the colors scroll.
View attachment 152163
Hello Adam,
Thanks on this,
I have, had it vertically on the right of my screen, but only the one, Gerber Standard foil Palette..but still no where near the amount of colours I have on Omega 3.0??
I have it now , horizontally in the middle of the screen though, and can't get it back to the right hand side again....
Unless I turn off and re start..
Titch

Titch Sanders

Hello Adam,
Thanks on this,
I have, had it vertically on the right of my screen, but only the one, Gerber Standard foil Palette..but still no where near the amount of colours I have on Omega 3.0??
I have it now , horizontally in the middle of the screen though, and can't get it back to the right hand side again....
Unless I turn off and re start..
Titch
Ah,
double clicked on that pallette in the middle of my screen, AND more spot colours have appeared??! But that is great news.
Thanks Adam for making me do this, much much better now when importing from Signlab, which I am so used to doing..
Regards,
Titch