• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Squeaky L310

Vinyldog

I'm hearing a squeak sometimes when the material is advancing on my L310. Does a wheel need to be greased?

Robert Gruner

cg...I will ask my service mgr when he gets in office, and post a response then. I shouldn't be surprised that someone more familiar wont post sooner. I am curious...have you asked your Reseller?

iladi

or the air sucked by the fans can produce a whistle effect in conjunction with material you print (vibration of the material). I get sounds like this with some paper materials.

SkyHighJK

OP: We've had that issue on our 360 as well... You can use a drop or two of the oil that comes in the maintenance kit on the left side of the bar (where it spins).

Also had a customer of ours use a dab of chapstick, which worked just fine!

Cheers,
JK

Vinyldog

It's not like a whistle. It's like a squeaky wheel. I do have the DB2-68 oil in the kit, which I have never used. I thought that might be the problem as I don't recall exactly what I am to do with it.
Is there a panel that needs to be removed to oil that shaft?

SkyHighJK

You shouldn't have to remove anything. The end of the central shaft of the feeder bar, on the left side, where it comes into contact with the plastic that locks it in place ... that's where the squeaking happens. Just a drop or two of that oil right there on the metal shaft itself should do the trick!

-JK

Vinyldog

Oh okay, I was looking inside the machine where the printing goes on. I probably used too much but seems to have done the trick.
Thank you.