• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stainless Steel food truck

danno

I have a client that would like to do a base wrap on a food truck and overlay graphics on the base wrap. I have been using 3Mij180mc-10sls for printed projects, but not sure about the wrap film with the overlays. Has anybody attempted this and what results did you have?

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
We did a bus like that. Wrapped the whole thing with black vinyl (I don't recall what brand it was - probably 3M) and then over layed with print cut graphics (this I know was Ij180). It all held up pretty well - except for the roof which failed after a year or so - but lasted long enough for the drone video which was the reason the wanted the logo on the roof.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Will these be swapped out, or on permanently?

If it's permanent, like logo's, or striping, just use 180, or any other good cast, and call it a day. It'll stick as good to vinyl as to paint, but like Boudica said, horizontal surfaces that never get a break from the sun will fade/ fail quicker than vertical.

I do change-out overlays on wraps for a radio station, they change them 2-3 times a year (plus add & remove holiday decorations), they've always come off clean, sometimes need to warm them a bit, but not enough to release the wrap. The wrap is 3M color change (think it was 1080), and I use 180 print-cut spot graphics. Been doing this for a few years on their vehicles and biggest issue I've had was a hood graphic logo that was on since day one. They changed their logo, and the sun caused ghosting from the old one. I just created the new one to cover it. On a food truck they should be all on vertical surfaces, less prone to that, but something to be aware can happen if they'll be changing them out periodically, and they're in the sun a lot.

ToneCustomSigns

There was another question like this recently. I did a coffee truck about 3 or 4 years ago that I wrapped in 3M Matte black. I then overlayed graphics using Arlon 4500GLX with a 3420 satin lam.
No problems as far as I know of. I've seen the trailer a few times and it still looked pretty good.

Attachments

• savage trailer side.jpg
    savage trailer side.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 73