• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Storing hoops.

WB

I having a question about ho you guys store your hoops?
We have limited space which just smaller by the addition of a new machine. I have a single head , 6 head and an 8 head. heach machine has 2 sets of the standard Barudan hoops (3 sizes) each have hats and we also have magnetic hopps for each. Right now they are in boxes when not being used but I was trying to think of a way to store them on the wall to free up some floor space. Anyone use slate or peg boards with holders?

open to suggestions?

WildWestDesigns

peg boards with holders?

This right now. Now granted, I got rid of my OEM Barudan hoops with the exception of the hat hoop (best OEM hat hoop out there). I'm mainly MIghty Hoops when it comes to flat works. The occasional Gator Clamp use, but mainly Mighty Hoops for flats. That helps cutting down on space usage as well.

Expensive to swap all to MIghty Hoops for sure, but just an all around better hoop.

WB

I have about 24 of the 5.5 mighty hoops and those are used for 90% of the framing. But I still use the stock smaller circle hoops for sleeves and then the larger square hoops for the back of jackets.
Worst part is the 6 and 8 head have 2 different sized sewing fields so we need double the hoops.

I really like the mighty hoops the stack nicely, can be moved easily without knocking them all over and they're easy to use.

I think my solution for now will be to build some boxes out of corex that holds them together by sizes and just store them under a table.

Thanks