• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Streaks in black.. Anyone know

how to fix this. I have tried mulitple power cleanings. I have tried to pull ink through with a syringe but I hear air coming in between the head and the damper. Anyone know what to do. Maybe a new damper.
Thanks

Steve C.

Could be a lot of things... If there is no ink coming thru with the syringe,
your hoses in the pump are probably shot. Repace them or the pump or
the whole maintenance capping station. Hoses are much cheaper.
Are you printing from Flexi? Microdot on or off?

Steve C.

Have you checked your pump to see if the hoses are worn?
Sounds like you need new hoses or replace the pump.

Kevin Dooley

Merchant Member Representative
My first shot, replace the hoses, they're cheap enough. Failing that, get tech involved to remove and test your pumps. The hoses get brittle as they age, you have the pumps sucking tiny bubbles (Don Ho!) and that's uber-bad for the heads.

Steve C.

If your printer is still under warenty, call Tech support. Where did you buy it?
Signwarehouse has life time support, if you got it there call Ron Addams.
Maybe they can send instructions on replacing the pump. If you have not
been inside your printer before, now would be a good time to start learning,
but not without a little tech help.

Ok. I opened it up and found that it has a couple of busted lines. I can fix it myself I'm sure. I just need to see a diagram of where the hose are supposed to go. The ones I have busted are not going to anything. They're just laying there. Do you have to pull out the entire capping station?
Thanks again in advance.

Steve C.

The first time I did it, I replaced the whole maintenance station. That was
before I realize that the only thing that wares out on the pump is the hoses.
I replaced mine with some sergical hoses that I got from a buddy who has
the same printer. Using the wrong hoses could be trouble if they are not
solvent proof. The hoses I used are slightly smaller than the originals. It's not
difficult to do just pay close attention to dis assembly so the re assembly
will be easy. Note the path that the hoses take through the lines in the pump.
The pump is not expensive This is where I bought my last one. You could
do a google search. This guy takes about a week to get it to you...
Good Luck!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=140074633007&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=004

Color Dude

Its much easier to just replace either the pump or maintenance assembly if the caps are shot. If you get the wrong tubing you will be doing this agin about 6 months. The Ultra inks are very aggressive on weak tubing. The new style pumps have true solvent ink tubing installed in them and will last much longer. I have been doing this along time, and would highly recommend to just spend the money and get the product that works. You dont want to be in the middle of a print 3 -6 months down the road and have to be doing this again.

This is just a follow-up. I replaced the pump and hoses. Got them from cmykparts.com. The change went well. All is good. THANKS to everyone who helped! I really appreciate it.