• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Strong large format laminators

Fuzzbuster

These things WONT laminate full rolls or even partial rolls but, panels
small chunks that type of thing , they are ok

Just gonna take a while for someone to get used to(pressure tension etc...)

But they do work

Like I said before

Ours do boards all day

R08

ok to laminate overlam 12-16ft MAX
Thx for the info Fuzz.. That just may be the ticket for me. Rarely print longer than 10' panels

This may sound like a juvenile question but what types of boards can you laminate to?
How thick?

Thx
Rob

it says in the ebay description that it has "manual lifting on both sides" i am assuming that means tension adjustment? it seams that might take a while(& alot of test material)to get adjusted is that right?

Fuzzbuster

Thx for the info Fuzz.. That just may be the ticket for me. Rarely print longer than 10' panels

This may sound like a juvenile question but what types of boards can you laminate to?
How thick?

Thx
Rob

Armorbond,Turtleboard,Medite,Crezon,Foamcore,Alumalite,Coroplast,Styrene, to name a few

Up to 1 inch thick

os101king

i haven't bought one yet but i do beleive i will be considering the Daige Quickmount 4 first and foremost.

http://www.daige.com/quikmount.htm

are you a patient person? if you don't see yourself as overly so, STAY AWAY FROM DAIGE. Save your money, buy a Seal or Royal Sov. DO NOT BUY THE DAIGE. NOT WORTH IT. If they were $800 or so maybe, but the machine is not well-designed or easy to use. Sure, they work but you have to be on top of it every moment, and you are constantly recalibrating the pressures. Believe it or not, even though the pressure is the most important parameter of laminating, the pressure knobs have NO DEMARCATION. There is no way to tell where the knob is set AT ALL. They also do not work with some brands of overlaminate (something I found out AFTER I bought it..). Again, not worth the savings unless you're super-patient. To be fair, one of the company's execs offered to come down and train me, but I followed their instructions (DVD) TO THE LETTER OVER AND OVER, and still NO CONSISTENCY in the operation of the machine.
Caveat Emptor.

Fuzzbuster

SR

Let me know if you want to purchase a new one i`ll point you in the rite direction .... (Local)

Guess we hijacked this one from RWJ for his first post????????????

He`s dissapeared

B Snyder

I looked at that eBay listing. Where is the roll of laminate held?

I have a Daige QM4 that I use for laminating. It works very well for me. For under $1,000 I'm seriously considering getting one of these Strong machines just to use for mounting so I'd only have to reload the Daige when the roll of laminate runs out.