• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stuck window

Colin

CorelDraw X7

When I attempt to Open or Import a file, that Open/Import window is (almost) maximized, and no matter how much I try to grab an edge or corner to reduce the size, it won't budge.

How to fix?

Colin

Hmmm, that makes me worried that some settings that I've made over the years would be erased. If a reboot won't fix it, I guess I'll have to try that, thanks.

signage

here's how to do it:
Instructions to save or export custom workspaces:

1. Open CorelDraw
  2. Click on the Window Menu
  3. Click on Workspace
  4. Click on Export
  5. Add a check to all boxes that apply (Application Settings, Dockers, Menus, Toolbars)
  6. Click Save
  7. Provide a File name and destination for the custom workspace
  8. Click the Save button
  9. Close the Export Workspace window

Instructions to import custom workspaces:

1. Open CorelDraw
  2. Click on the Window Menu
  3. Click on Workspace
  4. Click on Import
  5. Click the Browse button
  6. Navigate through Windows to locate the saved workspace (.cdws file)
  7. Select the workspace file and click the Open button
  8. Click Next
  9. Add a check to all boxes that apply (Application Settings, Dockers, Menus, Toolbars)
  10. Click Next
  11. Select Current or New Workspace and then click Next
  12. Click Finish

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
Thanks for the instructions!

I tried that just now but it didn't solve the problem.
Saving the settings as Signage suggested saves all the changes you made. So that if you need to uninstall or reset all settings you can load all your previous changed settings back.

You may also be in full window mode. Try doing Ctrl+Shift+F4 and see if that fixes it.

Colin

^^^ To be clear, I can select a file to Open or Import, but I can't reduce the size of the Open/Import window. I can get the resize arrow to appear when placed at the edge/corner of the window, but nothing happens when I try to drag it smaller.

Colin

^^^ Correct. I think I might have "maximized" the Open/Import screen the other day, and I can't get it to reduce in size now.

I haven't touched resolution settings lately.

SignEST

hckerman.png