• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Subcontract price?

signguy62

I have a local sign shop looking for assistance applying vinyl lettering to approx. 20 box trucks (16-20 ft.)
Job is approx 60 miles away and I'd be required to get to job on my own.
Large cut vinyl lettering and stripe on box, cut vinyl logo on both doors.
Everything is cut and taped and ready for install and I would be assisting two of their employees.
I was thinking just a flat rate charge per day.
Has anyone worked as a subcontractor and what should I charge?
Thanks in advance!

DigiPrinter

What would you charge if this was your project in-house? Do you feel you need to discount your labor rate cause it's someone else's job? It sounds like this is a sold project, find out what they can pay you. Personally, I would go by a sf price vs a day cost. You may find yourself doing a lot of the install work or going beyond a "days" work which leaves you short financially for your skills.

signguy62

Can't quote by sq. ft. if I don't know the sq. ft. (was only e-mailed a photo example of a completed vehicle)
Not only that but I'll be working w/2 of their employees. How would I determine what % of the actual install I'd be handling between the 3 of us?
What's a fair hourly charge for subing on an install? Plus travel time of course.

JMPrinting

What do you average per day that YOU make in your shop? If you are gone how much is your shop going to make? You need to be at least making what you normally do or not even bother