• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question SUBLIMATION on Stainless Steel Issues

txhotrod

I cannot get my sub prints to adhere or print to SS. I get a vague ghost image but no transfer. 380 for 2.5 minutes.
PLEASE HELP!

TIA

WildWestDesigns

Does your SS surface have a sublimation coating?

This right here.

I has to be be pre-treated before hand before anything can be adhered to it.

Although, when I was doing sublimation, everything was at 400 as far as temp goes as well. Which as far as SS went was the travel mugs.

unclebun

Sublimation inks essentially only adhere to polyester. So any metal has to have a polyester coating before you can sublimate onto it. You can't buy just anything to sublimate.

WildWestDesigns

Subliglaze is the big one that I'm aware of and they have a variety of different application sprays as well (even for doing on dark substrates).

Bare in mind, consistency of the application of the spray and how the print shows up is going to be the thing to watch out for. May have quite a bit of trial and error before getting in the groove of how to do it.