• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Substance Laminate

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
We have been having issues getting our go to calendared laminate so have tried some different ones and not been real crazy about any of them. How well does Substance 2.75mil hold up in general signage and decals? They seem to have some nice stuff and this seems to be the best one so far. After some samples we ordered a roll but I don't want to get in too far and have it bite me.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Oracal 215g. It holds up real well. We tried gf231 and it seemed to shrink a lot. Then 8508 which was decent but it's a little thin for customer applied decals.
Cast hasn't been a problem to get

Johnny Best

I have used the Icon PL-3150 high performance calendered laminate along with their 3.2 mil intermediate vinyl for exterior 4x6 real estate signs and it has held up very well printed with eco solvent printer. It is rated 5 years. I would recommend it and the pricing is good.

Saturn

Aging Member
Using lots of their 2.75 matte and gloss laminate. Seems to shrink a tiny bit less than Orafol's 210, which is what I'd compare it to. Gloss isn't quite as glossy as Oraguard though. Substance sales folks are great, and they will cut rolls at the factory.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have a killer 5 year calendared lam that is a 3 Mil and is only $220 for 54"x150' and comes in matte and gloss.