• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestion on a Transfer/Application tape

Dennis422

Hi there.
I'm looking for a suggestion on a digital application tape.
I used R-tape 4075-RLA up until now, and noticed that there are tapes designed for digital prints only.

Thanks

MR. Graphics

for Digital i have been using 4078 rla which is the med tack, and make sure you trim off the excess. does not stick well to any exposed backing paper.

JMPrinting

Just curious, I have been using the brightline from Grimco. When I do final cuts the edges do not stay sealed and like to peel up a little. Is is the tape or method I use?

s.hack

Just curious, I have been using the brightline from Grimco. When I do final cuts the edges do not stay sealed and like to peel up a little. Is is the tape or method I use?

I have this problem too. I've been told getting a higher tack would fix this. Waiting on my current roll to finish to try it out.

Split76

for Digital i have been using 4078 rla which is the med tack, and make sure you trim off the excess. does not stick well to any exposed backing paper.

I use 3M scps-100 for everything, it's also med tack but it sticks to backing paper much better than r-tape.

MikeD

Does anyone have a suggestion for a high-tack clear transfer tape? It will be used on calendared white vinyl with a polyester liner that has a fairly tight release value. The vinyl face will be solvent printed, thermal trans printed or simply contour kiss-cut. All will be weeded and have a 1:1 ratio of vinyl surface to exposed polyester liner.
It doesn't have to be optically clear, but paper will not have the look I am after.

Thanks for the advice!