• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa contour cut

JohnBFryJr

I'm having trouble and I don't know if it's summa or flexi. If I contour cut a rectangle it will be cut into the rectangle on the top and outside on the bottom. Is there a test or setting I should be doing to fix this?
8ee9aa799213b26f515debb3600714d9.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Not sure if this is what you're asking- but it looks to me as if your cutter isn't reading the marks correctly. This could be because they're the wrong marks (from FlexiSign), or it could be a setting on the plotter itself.

JohnBFryJr

I put a bleed and will test again once I get some more material. I did a small test print but didn't cut it out. Then I printed all 144 decals. Laminated and killed them all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

letterman7

You don't have your settings on the Summa right. Is this the first time you've done this or is this a new problem? Typically you would calibrate the plotter to each material - printing a square of black, taking the measurements, etc. Then you calibrate the OPOS settings, printing an OPOS block and measuring the space between squares. If this is a new problem, check to see that your OPOS target light hasn't been bumped from it's position. I did have this happen - the little flip up gizmo that holds the LED light had jumped off one post and was cockeyed - and gave me the same thing you're experiencing.

JohnBFryJr

I just had my first printer installed last week. This is the first time I have done a pile of decals. I don't know if it was cutting wonky last week. There was a lot going on.