• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SUMMA D140SE new optical reader

RICHARD SIMMONS

Good morning group! I have a SUMMA cutting plotter, model D140SE from which I bought the optical reader, thinking that was the problem. (spare part No. 399-310C) Since I was going to change it, before changing it, I made some adjustments to the original reader and it began to read the opposition marks without problem. After several cuts, now it happens that I have a little difference when cutting round stickers. Do you recommend changing to the new reader? Although I fear that a worse error could occur, since the instructions that are included, indicate that it must be done with great care following the instructions. Unfortunately here in Panama there are no Summa representatives or technicians. Thank you for your advices.

FrankW

Have you done an OPOS-Calibration? Most of the time, if OPOS-calibration wont help, it is rather the overall condition of the cutter, like worn pinch rollers, worn belts and so on than problems with the OPOS-Sensor. A Summacut SE could be around 15 years or older.

RICHARD SIMMONS

Have you done an OPOS-Calibration? Most of the time, if OPOS-calibration wont help, it is rather the overall condition of the cutter, like worn pinch rollers, worn belts and so on than problems with the OPOS-Sensor. A Summacut SE could be around 15 years or older.
Yes ! OPOS calibration was made several times. From 5 times, it only pases 2 of them. I changed the 2 outer pinch rollers, the other 2 are in regular condition. I also changed the cutting strip. I know is an old model, but it's the one I have !! :p

RICHARD SIMMONS

It's not cutting in the center. Look the bottom and upper sides

Attachments

• IMG_20210911_104922_resized_20210911_104958281.jpg
    IMG_20210911_104922_resized_20210911_104958281.jpg
    675 KB · Views: 117

StephenOrange

Eater of cake. Maker of .
If it's reading the OPOS marks then I'd venture a educated guess and say it's not your OPOS reader. Try a factory reset - I've done this before to resolve odd cutting behaviour. What printer are you working on BTW - a latex?

RICHARD SIMMONS

If it's reading the OPOS marks then I'd venture a educated guess and say it's not your OPOS reader. Try a factory reset - I've done this before to resolve odd cutting behaviour. What printer are you working on BTW - a latex?
Hi Stephen ! Thanks ! I'll try to make a factory default and see the results. By the way I'm printing on a RE640 Roland ecosolvent printer

FrankW

On older machines were OPOS was an option, it is possible to deactivate OPOS through the service mode of summa cutter control, and reactivate it later. Could help too, and will not reset the whole machine. Simply forgotten, its such a long time ago :) .

RICHARD SIMMONS

Service Mode Summa Cutter Control: press "Shift"-Key when booting.
Thanks Frank ! Excuse me if I don't understand too much about this, but see the attached photo. There is no "SHIFT" key. Do you mean from the Winplot program?

Attachments

• IMG_20210913_103122_resized_20210913_103159691.jpg
    IMG_20210913_103122_resized_20210913_103159691.jpg
    536.2 KB · Views: 111

FrankW

Summa Cutter Control Software. Downloadable at the summa website. Do not change anything other in the menus except deactivation of the OPOS-Sensor. Should be in one of the main menus, not in the parameters list. If you do not find anything, switch machine type to a model without OPOS and back.