• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Summa F1612 - Does anyone run their Summa with...

Bxtr

Hello, I have some questions/suggestions on the F1612... We are pretty nailed on to get one so it just the add-ons, functions I have questions on.

- Can you or does anyone run their Summa with 3 Tangential mods? I don't see us using the drag module for anything, we have plotters that use that same technology.

- Can you use the basket with the conveyor extension? Is it worth getting the conveyor extension with the initial purchase or can this be added if needed?

- We plan on making our own boxes, instead of stocking all these different sizes of boxes around. Which is the creasing tool to use for single wall cardboard (3/16") ?

That's it for now... Thanks.

Last edited:

balstestrat

Problem Solver
- Can you or does anyone run their Summa with 3 Tangential mods? I don't see us using the drag module for anything, we have plotters that use that same technology.
Yes you can. Drag module populates one of the multiuse slots that you can replace with anything else.

- Can you use the basket with the conveyor extension? Is it worth getting the conveyor extension with the initial purchase or can this be added if needed?
Yes you can. And you can install the extension later if needed.

CanuckSigns

Hello, I have some questions/suggestions on the F1612... We are pretty nailed on to get one so it just the add-ons, functions I have questions on.

- We plan on making our own boxes, instead of stocking all these different sizes of boxes around. Which is the creasing tool to use for single wall cardboard (3/16") ?

That's it for now... Thanks.
You can use a tangential module in all 3 slots, but you will need to add a second ADC on the left side of the machine in order to use anything but the drag knife in slot 1

you can use the basket with the conveyor extension, the basket just tucks under the bed. the conveyor extension can be added after the fact like when your belt needs replacement.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
You can use a tangential module in all 3 slots, but you will need to add a second ADC on the left side of the machine in order to use anything but the drag knife in slot 1
Are you saying the machine doesn't allow anything else on slot 1?
Anyway I'm almost certain all new machines come with L&R ADC by default.

Edit. yep so it is with new machines.
Both the ADC left and ADC right is included with every new F Series flatbed cutter.

Last edited:

CanuckSigns

Are you saying the machine doesn't allow anything else on slot 1?
Anyway I'm almost certain all new machines come with L&R ADC by default.

Edit. yep so it is with new machines.
Both the ADC left and ADC right is included with every new F Series flatbed cutter.
must be a new thing, our machine is 1.5 years old and only came with 1 ADC

balstestrat

Problem Solver
must be a new thing, our machine is 1.5 years old and only came with 1 ADC
Yeah it is like 6-12 months ago they started with the 2nd one.

I'm guessing you don't know the time when there was no ADC :big laugh: All manual adjustment.

Last edited:

Bxtr

Thanks for all the replies, that helps figuring what we need to get.
This forum has been very helpful narrowing down equipment to look into and equipment to avoid.

Just watching videos of the Summa, I don't know why we never got one earlier... It will save so much time, I think we will have trouble keeping it busy.