• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa not reading registration marks

Bmain

Hello,

I'm running into an issue with our Summa S2 T series where the OPOS system is unable to read the plotter registration marks. It was working perfectly fine for one job then the next job was having lots of issues. It was printed on 136oz optically clear lam, which made me wonder if it just couldn't read the marks because it was on clear lam but we put white vinyl under the marks and it still couldn't read them.

Has anyone ran into this issue before or have any suggestions on what we could try next.

Thank you,
B

Snydo

The tried and true Scotch tape over the crop mark works for most situations. Under the OPOS menu there is a Media Calibration option, might want to give that a go. Keep track of your current setting, 30 is default I believe.

Bmain

Thank you, We ended up wet applying and cutting off excess due to the finish date but will absolutely be trying this in the future if we run into this again.