• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SWF not trimming

Fbermudez

Hello I traded a single head swf for a 4 head swf on march of this year about two weeks ago #2 head broke a needle and now it won't cut the upper and bobbin thread.
I emailed swf and they sent me a pdf on how to adjust the cutter.
tried it and it did not work, I made a video of what the machine was doing loaded it to youtube and sent them the link.
they said the cutter was out of adjustment and would send me a video on how to adjust it but I'm still waiting for the video.
anyone here has had any luck adjusting the cutter on a swf? or has a video on how to do it?
I'm very disappointed on the lack of response from them, any one else having issues with swf on warranty repairs?

WildWestDesigns

Typically your name brand machines have better support (Barudan has been excellent, but I have heard good things with SWF over the years, but like with anything, times change).

Typically when I would have issues with the cutter, it would just be as easy as to actual adjust the blade on the back of the throat plate and cleaning around there. If it's adjusting timing that is going to be more involved, for SWF info, I would scrape the ColDesi site and see about getting info there. They used to be really good about having info like that available.