• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Temperature too hot

Ultraman

Ultraman
Hello friends. I have temperature too hot on led panel the moment I turn the printer on, what should I look out for? I have an RS640 suddenly I got this error. In service mode temperature check its indicated 46 Celsius. Currently all print heads are not working but fuses are good too. I know I should replace thermistor and data cables to try but I do not have it at the moment. In service mode, I know how to start the heater but how can you turn it down or get out of temperature too hot error?

FrankW

What is the current environment temperature? Rolands, as far as I remember, would throw that error over 32° Celsius environment temperature.

jfiscus

Rap Master
We've had the ambient temperature hotter than what is set in the control panel for heating, and a Mimaki printer be upset that the temperature is too hot. Normally it would let you just proceed after confirmation but we would have to increase the heater settings to make it auto-start printing again.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
As stated above, it could be the room temp is too high but it could also be a short in the head circuit. When circuits short, they heat up and trip the sensor on the head.

FrankW

At a roland, "Temperature too hot" doesn´t regard to the media heaters. It is about the ambient temperature.

Ultraman

Ultraman
Oh! I am having this temperature too hot for more than a week when the temperature is only 15-20 Celcius but in service mode it allows me to go on. I will try changing thermistor board, I though I share this to have a quick solution.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Oh! I am having this temperature too hot for more than a week when the temperature is only 15-20 Celcius but in service mode it allows me to go on. I will try changing thermistor board, I though I share this to have a quick solution.

Check your head cables for damage, ink splatter or corrosion. The longer you run a head in high temp mode the more damage is caused.