• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Test print problems roland vp540

ash1982

Hi

I am experiencing a little problem with print quality. I have a few dropouts which I can understand. The test shows that cyan and magenta have sort of a wave towards the bottom of each print. Would anyone be able to help advise me on this?

Many thanks Ashley

Attachments

• roland test print.JPG
    roland test print.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 4,822

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I would start with new cap tops and check the pump tubes for any clogs using a syringe to push cleaning solution through to the waste tank. The fact that the nozzles are fading from the top of the head down indicates that the seal between the cap tops and head is failing. Check your wipers to make sure they are as clean as possible and not warped which would cause the wiper to not get all of the ink off the bottom of the head. It looks like the nozzles that are firing look mostly good so I think the heads are recoverable they just aren't getting the full power of the pumps due to clogs or bad cap tops. It might be a good time to change your dampers if they are older then 1 to 2 years.

NormanL

wow we have similar test prints, if you want a quick fix try using a swab dipped in solvent and press it up against the printhead itself for 20-30 seconds followed up by a clean, for a long term fix try head soak.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
I hate to say it...but that looks like head strike damage to me. Not an ink flow issue.
See how the issues are in the same plane across the 3 colors...at the bottom of each head. I doubt that will clean out.

Dragos_RO

It looks like the printheads were mechanically damaged. Inspect them (look at the nozzle plate for schraces in the back of the p-heads) at the cleaning station in the left side of the machine.
If the printheads have schraces in the back part of the nozzle plate, then the problem will be solved only after you will replace the printheads.

Jim Hill

Sometimes you must go through the process of elimination of parts before you find out what was causing the problems.

Jim