• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Text looks like crap, psd import to flexi

Kemble

I'm Running Flexi 8.6v2 and importing a file with art and text all created in Photoshop CS5. The file is created in 150x150 and is about 9x11 in size. I'm importing the file into Flexi as a .psd file and placing it into a set-up that has contour cut lines already in place. I have the whole thing set up so when I import the .psd file I set the position of the imported file to 0,0 and then the imported design is lined up with the contour cut lines.

I send the file to the printer and after the item prints I notice that the text looks like garbage. Using all Arial font, (it looks all pixelated), A's, W's, V's, M's and all the other text looks like step ladders, all the lines are all jagged and not smooth strait clean lines.

Am I doing something wrong? Am I not checking something that should be checked?

Suggestions?

Bigdawg

Just Me
It's the sign rebelling against Arial being used on it... :smile:

What rendering mode is your text set for in photoshop? I use smooth...

Kemble

Everything is set to sharp, changing it now to smooth & sending it again, will report my results.

blueben

I would guess the resolution is too low. I design everything at a 350 DPI in photoshop and to exact size. The last time I had a problem with being pixelated, I accidently designed in a 72 DPI and then scaled it up just a bit. Not sure if this help but just a thought.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
What are the pixel dimensions of the entire image, what is the DPI of the image, and what size is the text?

Kemble

The dpi is 150, the image size is 11.5" x 8.5"

The font sizes vary from 6pt to 36pt.

I have figured out a work around and that is to save the file "Unflattened" as an .eps This then brings the design as a whole layer with selectable clear text (if I ungroup) in Flexi. Is this they way I should do it? I was under the impression that I could just flatten the whole file in photoshop and save it as a .psd and import the .psd into Flexi and be fine.

If I flatten the photoshop file and save it as an .eps it still ruins the text.

LizardWraps

first save the file then try this.. It works every time for me same version.
flatten image, then save as pdf.. save as a different name!!! open in flexi..

tbaker

it honestly sounds like a corrupt font, I know I know, how does arial get corrupted, but I've seen it hundreds of times. Especially if you're designing on one computer and printing on another. Try rasterizing your layers in pshop, creating a png file ( which is lossless) and try that way.