• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The Great Canning Jar Shortage?

Goatshaver

I work with a wide variety of growers and business in the cannabis trade, actually 99% of my business is from them. The smaller growers definitely would buy more larger jars for curing and storage. Also bud doesn't get crushed in glass jars as opposed to putting them in mylar or vacuum sealed bags. Also I know when covid started getting regular glass jars for packaging was getting tough and inconsistent, so they would grab whatever glass jars they could find to use in the meantime.

Inks

I'm surprised. Never have I ever had a baggie sit around and grow mold!

I'd imagine that a vacuum sealed container would inhibit mold growth, even with some moisture still present? Someone I met always went with jars because they cost nothing, and he could tare one jar once and know how much was within each jar he had. Also it helped when he inherited his grandma's canning setup...
During the curing process the jars are burped regularly. Once cured and for your personal use a baggie is fine. You are thinking like a smoker not a cultivator lol

Inks

Well, I was imagining more like distributor vs cultivator, but that works.
Gotcha. Not sure how they ship large quantities after the curing process but the personal amounts I have seen shipped are vacuum sealed plastic as you mentioned.

Last edited:

Goatshaver

So Staceyk got that hydro! three 6 mafia has been asking for 20 years!

Curious what wares you're selling to the growers? We've done some work for a dispensary, and they were the goddang nicest customers I've ever had the pleasure of working around. It was very refreshing going from a bank where folks shove the door in your face while lettering it, to these folks who stare and watch for a second before asking if they can keep watching, or even apologize to say can I get through.
Mostly just small jar tops for concntrates and more wraps and tops for jars and also a lot of die cut stickers. I worked at some grows when I was just starting to do vinyl work and I've met all kinds. For the most part everyone is really good, always will have a few bad apples in the crowd, but I'd say it's a pretty good community for the most part here. Tips are a plus. :cool:

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Curious what wares you're selling to the growers? We've done some work for a dispensary, and they were the goddang nicest customers I've ever had the pleasure of working around. It was very refreshing going from a bank where folks shove the door in your face while lettering it, to these folks who stare and watch for a second before asking if they can keep watching, or even apologize to say can I get through..
....And then there's the money.

Just an hour north of me, they're putting in a vertically-integrated $30 million grow, process & retail facility. The money they spend is just mind boggling. To my knowledge, there is no other industry that parallels its growth...other than, perhaps, health care. And three towns over, they have 15 rec. dispensaries on the docket. The money the cities and other authorities make is equally mesmerizing...whether or not the dispensaries actually open their doors, the "up front" money hovers above $75k each.

JB

Inks

Just to point out, not necessarily growth, possibly just shifting from exclusively imported, under the radar product, to a locally fabricated, properly taxed product.

I just wonder how long until some dumbass politician says, "can you imagine the taxes we can bring in if we legalize meth!?!"
o_O

James Burke

Just to point out, not necessarily growth, possibly just shifting from exclusively imported, under the radar product, to a locally fabricated, properly taxed product.
Properly taxed....are you kidding?

Get this....

The cannabis growers associations (the "legit" guys with all the ball-crushing money) have put their heads together and have determined that the majority of weed consumed here in Michigan is being produced by back-yard growers and not their mega machine. Can you say Big Pharma v 2.0?

I've already heard rumors how the state is trying to reduce the number of plants a rec. grower can have.

JB

Stacey K

I like making signs

Curious what wares you're selling to the growers? We've done some work for a dispensary, and they were the goddang nicest customers I've ever had the pleasure of working around. It was very refreshing going from a bank where folks shove the door in your face while lettering it, to these folks who stare and watch for a second before asking if they can keep watching, or even apologize to say can I get through.
Well, I just plan to grow lettuce and maybe some tomatoes and strawberries, not weed. But, if it becomes legal in Wisconsin, I'm going to be a part-time farmer!

James Burke

Devil's lettuce
Take a look on YouTube at some of the propaganda films like Reefer Madness where they show people turning into Mr. Hyde and jumping out of windows and going violently insane. Sorry, but I believe they have that confused with something else.

I started as a med (and first-time ever) user last year....at 54 years old...after watching how my parents were given over as slaves to a frantically endless pharmacological treadmill. They were of a very conservative persuasion and never would have used it, but looking back, I believe it would have done some amazing things for them.

JB