• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The majority of your applications: Wet or Dry?

Wet or Dry, DIYer or sign shop

• Full time sign shop: Majority Applied WET

Votes: 16 9.5%
  • Full time sign shop: Majority Applied DRY

Votes: 127 75.6%
  • DIYer: Majority Applied WET

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • DIYer: Majority Applied DRY

Votes: 24 14.3%

• Total voters

darkdan

Do you apply most of your vinyl wet or dry?

This includes things like coroplast signs, vehicle lettering, banners, window apps, etc etc etc.

Are you a full sign shop or a DIYer?

darkdan

That was a crazy fast reply man. Your post showed up as my browser refreshed from making a new post. At first I thought something was wrong. LOL.

D

Digitall

We always do dry, except for 1 27 foot backlit this month that was hard to hinge. Window perfs should never be done wet,in my opinion, moisture stays trapped. If you do wet and using soap and water type, try adding alittle winshield washer fluid to mix and it will dry much faster.

TheSnowman

I'll do them dry w/ the big squeegee. A couple times, I've had to do large graphics, and I couldn't get the squeegee in there because the frame was smaller than the squeegee, so those I did wet, and rolled out, but other than those instances (which aren't often) dry. Keeps the shop nicer too...

Craig Sjoquist

I like wet mainly because of options.. but it's really about 50/50
since I don't have a plotter to cut .. very few jobs are in vinyl anyway, getting vinyl cut takes to long from design to ready to install ..

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I know..... this is a trick question........ :omg:

We rub it three times before adding shaving cream to the formula. When removing the second step from the process we then layer for breathing room by throwing a little pachouli on the underside. After the lingering odors fade, we then run over to the mailbox and see if any yellow lunch buckets are in the taxi before returning in our snuggies. When all is clear, we set the fuse and start doing somethin'.... that's the frickin' step I keep forgetting. :frustrated:

What do I win.... huh, huh ??