• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The whole photo album on a banner!!

Patrick46

Because I know most of the time people are on a budget and they are only willing to pay a certain amount of money for certain things regardless if competition exists or not!

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!!! No you do NOT know!

It's up to your customers to decide exactally how much they feel like spending! It is NOT your job to second guess them!

You kindly tell them that you're more than happy to do these banners for the $8 or whatever you want, and will include 1 photo in the package...which is fine. If they want a 2nd or 3rd photo print...then that's fine too, but it will cost them an additional X dollars MORE. But it's the customers decision as for how much they're willing to spend on their banner.
Why would you want to take control over how much you customer is willing to spend in you business??? If they want the extra frills or photos or whatever. More COSTS MORE! But let them choose what they want.

Doing a good job for a fair and reasonable price...
This is what customer service is all about. And this is what will keep you in business...so that they CAN keep coming back to your shop.

Anything else is business suicide.

All the best of luck to you! :thumb:

Creative_Lance

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!!! No you do NOT know!

It's up to your customers to decide exactally how much they feel like spending! It is NOT your job to second guess them!

You kindly tell them that you're more than happy to do these banners for the $8 or whatever you want, and will include 1 photo in the package...which is fine. If they want a 2nd or 3rd photo print...then that's fine too, but it will cost them an additional X dollars MORE. But it's the customers decision as for how much they're willing to spend on their banner.
Why would you want to take control over how much you customer is willing to spend in you business??? If they want the extra frills or photos or whatever. More COSTS MORE! But let them choose what they want.

Doing a good job for a fair and reasonable price...
This is what customer service is all about. And this is what will keep you in business...so that they CAN keep coming back to your shop.

Anything else is business suicide.

All the best of luck to you! :thumb:
It's not taking control over how much they want to spend it's more like knowing my market after 7 years in this shop, i just wasn't sure how i could justify charging for the extra time i'm spending without coming off as greedy but as i mentioned above with the help of some posters i got it figured out now.
Thanks everyone.

iceman64

Try taking pictures with a digital camera, so you don't have to scan them, then Photoshop to do the artwork (most people dont care what it looks like, they just want the people in the pictere being seen)

Patrick46

It's not taking control over how much they want to spend... it's more like knowing my market after 7 years in this shop.

7 years?....really?

most of the replys to this thread are from folks that have been in this business for 20 years or more (myself included).

....or maybe you need to re-evaluate your market. Do you like working for cheap-ass customers?? I sure know I don't!
I'm doing this job, and taking on these EXTRA hassles of owning a business...for the money! Otherwise...it's a whole lot easier to just work for someone else.

You'd still like to be in business, and making a PROFIT 10 years from now, wouldn't you?? Making a wage is NOT making a profit. Charge for your work!

Good luck. Hope you get the idea and that your business succeeds and lasts a long time.

HaroldDesign

Here's my equation for the "extras"; $1.00 a minute it takes me to do it. I can do a lot in one minute. If it's not worth $1 to the customer, it's not worth me doing it.

Malkin

The more you charge for your work, the more respect for it customers will have.

Also, give a mouse a cookie and all that...